You may want to factory reset the camera to:
- Put the camera back to its default factory settings
- Troubleshoot when the camera is not working properly
To perform a factory reset of your camera:
If your camera has a button
This camera can be quite tricky to reset, please try some button tricks provided below to attempt to reset it. You can repeat the button tricks in order to get the camera into setup mode before proceeding with setup.
- Hold button for 20 seconds
- Wait 2 minutes for light to alternate amber/green
- If after 2 minutes the lights don't alternate, press button one quick time and immediately let off
This will generally get the camera into setup mode. You may have to try that a few times.
Once it is in setup mode you want to log off your app. Do not log in for this process, it allows you to choose "existing account" at the end of setup.
Now you want to go to the settings of your phone and go to your WiFi lists.
- Click on "CameraXXXX", click forget.
- If it does not say "forget" please click "connect" and then tap "CameraXXXX" again and click "forget".
- Now click on "CameraXXXX" again and click "connect".
This severs all previous connections with the old WiFi.
Once you have done that, you will go back to your app, do not log in.
Launch your App. You should see "Name your camera", if you do not see this message, you want to press "set up new camera" then you will click on your camera, it will then ask you to name your camera.
Next, you will want to pick your wifi network that you would like to connect your camera to, then press next. (Must be 2.4)
Now you will want to put in your password to your network and click join. The page will then say "connecting to router please wait". (If you run into an error, press the back button on your phone one time to put the internet password in again).
Once your camera is connected, then it will ask you if you have an existing account or to create an account, please make the appropriate choice.
Once you log in or sign up, it will tell you that you have successfully set up your camera and to log in one more time.
If your camera has a switch on the back please go to the article listed below for directions: