From time to time Apple's Push Notification Service can stop functioning properly. This can happen for a few different reasons. Unfortunately, due to the way Apple has designed their system there is no error-correcting for this process. Therefore it may become necessary to reset the app back to what amounts to a factory default state in order for your notifications to return.
When you first open our app, it will register for push notifications and prompt for permissions to enable notifications. This only happens the first time you install the app and will not repeat unless the app is uninstalled from the device for a minimum of 24 hours. You can duplicate this functionality by simply deleting the app and then installing the app again after setting the Date & Time manually a day ahead of the current date.
You would do this by:
- Uninstall the Tend and/or Tend Secure apps from your phone.
- Please note your cameras are still online and still connected to your account. The app is a separate entity.
- Turn the phone/tablet off, completely, then turn it back on.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Date & Time.
- Move the date ahead 24 hours or more.
- Close the Preferences page.
- Turn the device off completely again and turn it back on.
- Open the App Store and download your app again.
- Once the install completes, launch the app
- Respond to the permissions dialog for notifications.
- reset your date and time to current