Preparation and notes
There are not a lot of requirements for our cameras but there are some.
- Your router must be set to broadcast its SSID
- Your router must be configured to operate at 2.4gHz, or a 2.4gHz band MUST be made available. Our cameras do not function at the 5gHz frequency.
- Please check to make sure that your router is compatible with our camera devices by checking here https://isecurityplus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204696785-Is-my-router-compatible-with-my-camera-
- Finally, any internal firewalls must be disabled or configured to allow the camera to communicate and receive communications from our server.
Preparing your phone
Please open your wifi settings page on your phone.
- Tap on your home network.
- On Apple tap Forget This Network
- On Android tap Forget.
- Tap More at the top of the Android Settings page and then tap Advanced
- Turn off Smart Network Switch
Camera Setup Procedure
The camera must be set within 3 feet of the router for the setup process but, you can move it to any other location, as long as it has a strong signal (>80%) to THAT router, once the process is complete. Also, do not start the application until instructed to do so below. Thank you!
- Go to your smart device's settings page
- select wifi
- You should see, near the top of the list, a camera with LYNXINDOOR as part of its name. Select it. Your device will connect to your camera as though it were a router. This creates a secure encrypted connection between the two for setup purposes.
- Wait for the status of this wifi connection to change to "connected. Any errors reported by the phone concerning Internet not being available can be dismissed without concern.
- Now, close your wifi screen and then launch the TendSecure app
- First, you will want to name your camera:
- Next, you will be prompted for your router information
- The camera will now try to connect to the router to verify the information you have provided.
- Once confirmed you will be prompted to either create an account or to install to an existing account for second or additional cameras:
If this has not resolved your issue please submit a help request to our support department through the Support button to the lower right of the screen.