- Please be sure that your router meets our basic requirements
- your router should be set to broadcast its SSID
- your router is set to broadcast in 2.4gHz, not in 5gHz
- Please check to make sure that your router is compatible with our camera devices by checking here https://isecurityplus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204696785-Is-my-router-compatible-with-my-camera-
- There are reports of incompatibilities with Arris routers from TimeWarner cable, we are still investigating.
- If you have any hardware based firewalls you will want to disable them or configure them to permit communications from and to the camera.
- The most widely accepted way to accomplish this is to have ports 5101 - 5104 and 4101-4104 open in order to have a connection between your camera and our server. Also, your router needs to have port 9122 open in order to have access to the live video stream.
If you need assistance with the above please contact your internet service provider.
You will need the password to your wifi network so please have that handy.
Now, make sure you have downloaded the Tend app from the store appropriate to your device:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tendinsights.tend
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tendapp/id1149057410?mt=8
- There is a video of the setup process that may prove helpful
- Plug-in your camera to an outlet such that the camera can be set within a few feet of the router. Two to three feet is optimal.
- Wake your smartphone and tap on the Tend app to launch it, if this is the first time you have run the app you will be greeted with the following page:
- Tap I'M SETTING UP A NEW CAMERA
- Swipe through the following until you come to the Flexi-Cam family of cameras:
- The Flexi-Cam uses a Bluetooth™ connection so that you may teach the camera its access point and your account info. If your Bluetooth is not enabled you will be prompted by the app to give it permission to do this for you.
- The app will locate your camera, please select the camera you wish to setup
- Once the connection is made you will be prompted to name your camera, a default name based on your camera's MACID is provided for you:
- Now the wizard will need to know its Access Point, it will scan for a list of available networks. Please select yours (it should be the one on the top of the list) then provide the password for the network, this is the same password you would give to a friend to allow them to use your wifi.
- Once your camera has verified that it can access the server with the information provided it now needs to know to which account the camera should be connected. You can either create an account or provide the login details for an existing account.
- Once you have successfully created or logged into the account the setup process will create your account and portion out a slice of the cloud for your motion triggered footage.
- Once you press the Login button you will be taken to the login screen. DO NOT LOGIN JUST YET. The camera will reset itself, then connect to the cloud. Once it has successfully done so you will hear the minion exclaim "Woohoo!" Once you hear this you can safely login.
- Confirm that the camera was setup correctly. Once you have done this you can log out of the app and then relocate the camera to another spot as long as the camera is able to receive a 90% or better signal from the router.
If you experience any issues with the above please make a note of which step the setup failed for you, any screenshots you might be able to take, and any error message and reach out to us by submitting a support request and one of our agents will do their best to assist.