A video of the setup process is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXeieRL-PGA
- Please be sure that your router meets our basic requirements
- your router should be set to broadcast its SSID
- your router is set to broadcast in 2.4gHz, not in 5gHz
- Please check to make sure that your router is compatible with our camera devices by checking here https://isecurityplus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204696785-Is-my-router-compatible-with-my-camera-
- There are reports of incompatibilities with Arris routers from TimeWarner cable, we are still investigating.
- If you have any hardware based firewalls you will want to disable them or configure them to permit communications from and to the camera.
- The most widely way to accomplish this is to have 5101 - 5104 and 4101-4104 in order to have a connection between your camera and our server. Also, your router needs to have 9122 port open in order to have access to the live video stream.
If you need assistance with the above please contact your internet service provider.
You will need the password to your wifi network so please have that handy.
Now, make sure you have downloaded the tend app from the store appropriate to your device:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tendinsights.tend
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tendapp/id1149057410?mt=8
Do *not* start the application yet.
*** Phone preparation ***
Please open your wifi settings page on your phone.
- Tap on your home network.
- On Apple tap Forget This Network
- On Android tap Forget.
- Tap More at the top of the Android Settings page and then tap Advanced
- Turn off Smart Network Switch
Please plug in the camera, for the setup process you will want to be set in very close proximity (within 2-3 feet) to the router.
On the back of your camera device there is a switch, please move it into the up position labeled "setup"
wait for the top and bottom lights to be solid green and the middle light to blink green
if the middle light doesn't blink green, your camera cannot see the internet, it can take up to two minutes for this middle LED to change from orange to green.
Once the middle light is blinking green and the other two are solid green please:
- open your smartphone's settings page
- browse to Wifi
- In the list, right next to the access point your phone is currently connected to, you should see stuartcam#### where the #'s correspond to the final 4 of the MAC id on the back of the camera.
- select the Stuart camera and press connect
- Once your phone's wifi settings report that it has connected please start the tend app and follow the prompts.
If you do not have an account please, when prompted, create a unique username and password. For your username and the naming of the camera restrict yourself, please, to a-z, 0-9, _ and @.